Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Refrigerate or freeze leftovers. Even better the next day! You can use any sort of lentils you want.
- In a large pot, brown the salt pork over medium heat.
- Remove the bits and saute the onion and carrot about five minutes in the fat from the pork.
- Add the garlic and saute a minute longer.
- Re-add the pork bits as well as the parsley, lentils, and water or stock.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer about 45 minutes to an hour, or until the lentils are soft and cooked through, but not falling apart.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve with a crusty bread or crackers.