Recipe by firstname.lastname@example.org
From Rachel Ray...easy and delicious
Top Review by WineLover77
I actually had decided to make these before I saw the posting on here. I'm really trying to cut down on my red meat intake and seeing that I really love ground turkey, it's not really that difficult. I used the extra lean ground turkey and cooked them on my george foreman grill...only 4 minutes tops to finish and no extra calories or fat. For the avocado sauce I would highly recommend adding the mayo in one tablespoon in at a time. I maybe used 2 tops. I like mayo, but when I actually looked at the amount, 1/2 cup is a lot of only one avocado. I will say, that if you're using the smaller hamburger buns instead of kaiser rolls...make 5 burgers instead of 4. Overall very good..I will be making again
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and pressed
- 1 lb ground turkey, thigh meat
- 1⁄2 cup salsa verde (green salsa)
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- mash avocado flesh with mayonnaise, garlic and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix the ground turkey with the salsa verde. Divide the mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat a non stick skillet over medium high heat and fry the burgers about 4 minutes per side. After the first 4 minutes, flip and top each with one slice of pepper jack cheese.
- Spread avocado mayonnaise on bottom half of each split bun. top with a handful of cilantro leaves, a turkey burger, and sliced tomato. Cover with roll tops and serve.