Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
'Postcards From Buster' a Public Television show the kids love. This goes with the Breakfast Tacos
- 28 ounces can whole canned tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, canned
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cumin (optional)
- Check with a grownup and wash your hands before you begin.
- Put all the ingredients, except the jalapeño peppers, into the blender.
- Depending on what kind of jalapeño peppers you have, they could be mild or very spicy, so add only a few small pieces to the blender to start off with.
- Doing it like this will keep it from getting too spicy.
- You can always add more later if you want it spicier.
- Blend the ingredients on "chop" until the look mixed.
- If you like it chunkier, don't blend it too long.
- For smoother salsa, blend it longer.
- Remember, make sure the blender has stopped Test the salsa.
- If you want more of any ingredient, add it, then blend again briefly.
- Clean up the kitchen before you enjoy your salsa with corn chips, or on your breakfast taco.