Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a simple and total "wow" dip/appetizer. Great with veggies or nachos or even a topping for baked potatoes. This recipe comes from Rick Bayless.
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 4 ounces log goat cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup frontera jalapeno and roasted tomato salsa or 1 cup habanero salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread out the nuts on a baking sheet, set them in the oven and let toast until lightly browned and very fragrant, 7 or 8 minutes.
- Remove and slide off into a medium-size bowl.
- Add the cheeses to the bowl and combine thoroughly with the nuts.
- Scoop into the center of an ovenproof baking dish and form it into a 5-inch-diameter disc.
- Spoon the salsa over and around the cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cilantro and set out to enjoy as a dip or a spread on crackers, chunks of bread or toasted croutons.