Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend from work gave me this recipe. I had previously dismissed any salsa recipe that used canned tomatoes but this one is really good. Enjoy.
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 (4 ounce) canhot diced green chilies
- 1 -2 green onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Blend tomatoes slightly in food processor or blender.
- Add salt, green chiles, finely diced green onion and pressed garlic. You can adjust the chiles depending on how hot you like it.
- Refrigerate to let flavors blend if you have time. If not, it's ok to serve it right away.
- Serve with tortilla chips, with quesadillas, or anything you use salsa with.
Wow! I was skeptical, but it turned out great! I took a tip from a previous comment and added a pinch of sugar and some freshly squeezed lime juice. I also used Rotel a can of tomatoes since I didn't have just the green chilies by themselves. I refrigerated for a couple of hours, and it was soo good!
This recipe is so easy that you won't believe how wonderful it tastes. I made a small change by adding a can of Rotel and eliminating the can of green chiles (the Rotel has green chiles already in it). I also added a little white sugar and freshly squeezed lime juice. This salsa is out of this world and has quickly become a favorite at our house. Thank you for sharing.
GREAT recipe for salsa! I was very impressed with the finished product, and will be making this many times to come! I do want to note that if you do not let it chill it doesnt take on the other flavors and has an overpowering taste of tomatoes. I let mine sit for 40 minutes, and it was fabulous!!!