Recipe by Hey Jude
This is a quickie, weekday dinner for two people. Salmon is one of my favorite fishes and I love the different take on it in this one.
- 2 (12 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup pitted black olives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 cup orzo pasta, cooked to package directions
- 1 oranges or 1 tangerine, peeled,seeded and divided into segments
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat broiler to high; place rack 6 inches from heat.
- Season salmon with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste; place salmon on a foil-lined broiler pan; broil until almost done, about 8 minutes and then set aside.
- Mix olives, basil, oil, honey, juice and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl; add cooked orzo and toss to coat; transfer to a platter, then break salmon into large chunks and place over orzo with orange segments.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired and serve.