Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tastier and different way to serve salmon.
- 4 salmon steaks (170G/6OZ EACH)
- salt and pepper
- 4 pieces gingerroot
- 1 orange, juice and zest of, grated
- 2 tablespoons ginger syrup
- Skin the salmon.
- Place in a large bowl and season.
- Cut the ginger into fine julienne sticks and put into the bowl with the salmon.
- Add the orange zest.
- Mix the orange juice with the ginger syrup and pour over the salmon.
- Cover and refrigerate at least an hour.
- Heat the grill to its highest setting.
- Grill the salmon on one side until crisp.
- Turn over and baste with the orange and ginger mixture.
- Grill on the other side for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with steamed vegetables and salad.