Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A fresh salmon fillet smothered in fennel and onions--so good. Simple and healthy too!
- 1 fresh atlantic salmon fillet
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 1 large onion
- 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Thinly slice both the onion and the fennel bulb, mince garlic, zest and juice the lemon.
- Pour about 1-2 tbs of lemon juice and zest over both sides of the fillet, season both sides with salt & pepper.
- Sauté the fennel, onion, and garlic in olive oil until tender and transparent, season with salt & pepper.
- Let onion and fennel mix cool and spread evenly over the top of the salmon.
- Wrap with tinfoil and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 30-25 minutes.
- Open and eat while hot.
- I serve with cous cous or rice and a salad.
This is really a beautifully simple, fresh dish. The salmon and fennel flavors are mild. I did add a bit of extra garlic, because we love it so much. But I stuck with the recipe overall. Next time I think I will keep the onions, garlic and fennel on low heat on the stovetop throughout the cooking time for the fish, so they have a chance to caramelize. Then I would top the fish just prior to serving. But even made as is, simple, clean and delicious food. Thanks, ieatfoOOod! Made for PAC, Spring 2008