Recipe by Irmgard
This recipe from BBC Good Food is also good made with trout, as I found out when my grocer didn't have any fresh salmon.
- 75 g red lentils
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala, plus extra for the salmon
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
- 260 g salmon fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the first 7 ingredients in a pan, bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes until the lentils are tender.
- Stir in the coriander.
- Rub the salmon with vegetable oil, salt, pepper and a little garam masala.
- Grill for 6 to 7 minutes until just cooked.
- Break into large chunks and gently stir through the dahl.
- Serve with basmati rice and warm naan bread.