Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I saw Emeril make this recipe on the Food Network a while back. So I quickly jotted down the ingredients as he cooked. I use this recipe as a quick, easy and nice dinner, on nights I do not have a lot of time. It looks like you make a lot of effort and it has eye appeal. The salmon turns out so moist and flavorful. The results are wonderful and seems to always please everyone. I use Emeril's recipe for his creole seasonings.
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced thinly
- parsley, garnish
- In a small bowl combine sour cream, lemon juice and parsley. Stir well. Divide mixture into two portions. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Add onions and sautee until onions become tender about 5 minutes. Spread out onions to cover all of bottom of skillet.
- Place salmon fillets on top of onions, in single layer. Sprinkle salmon fillets with 1 tbsp of creole seasonings. Place lemon slices on top of salmon. Cover and simmer fish on low for 10minutes. (be careful not to burn onions).
- Meanwhile cook pasta as directed. Drain. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil, one portion of sour cream mixture, 1 tsp creole seasonings and green onions and toss.
- Plate meal with pasta on bottom of plate. Then top with salmon slice with onions and lemon. Drizzle the top of salmon with remaining portion of sour cream sauce.
- Garnish with parsley.
I some left over salmon fillets so I decided to make this, it was great and VERY filling. I skipped on the green onions because I had none, and I used sweet paprika instead of the creole, because again I had none lol, and it tasted great to me! I found the sour cream a little rich for me, so next time I will be using low fat sour cream.
Loved this - but it needed a little more seasoning and a little more sour cream
We enjoyed this very much. I think I might bump up the creole seasoning a bit next time, but the flavors were wonderful. A nice, flavorful salmon dish that will be a regular at our house. Thanks!