Recipe by Kizzikate
From Taste of Home, but the recipe originally called for trout. I had salmon on hand, so that's what I used. If you decide to use trout, please let me know!!
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
YUM! :) I made these with canned pink salmon, low-fat mayonnaise and low-fat sour cream. I omitted the hot sauce and added 4 cloves of minced garlic and a handful of chopped walnuts (personal taste preferences). Loved the green onions, dill and lemon juice in these: they were deliciously creamy and very flavoursome and re-heat well in the microwave so they were great for take-to-work lunches. Certainly a recipe I'll be making again. Thank you so much for sharing it, Kizzikate! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
- 12 red potatoes, steamed & partially cooled
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 cup cooked salmon, flaked
- fresh dill sprig, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cooked potatoes in half, cut bottoms lightly to make them level. Scoop out pulp with a melon-baller, leaving a thick shell in each.
- In medium bowl, mash pulp. Stir in mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, dill weed, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Fold in salmon.
- Pipe this mixture into potato shells, or use a small spoon. Garnish with dill sprigs.
- May reheat in slow oven if desired.