Salmon-Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup milk, heated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup small broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup flaked canned salmon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Wash the potatoes& poke with a fork so they don't explode.
- Wrap in paper towels& cook for 10 minutes until soft.
- If your microwave doesn't have a turntable inside it, turn the potatoes yourself a few times during cooking.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice a bit off the top of each potato, and scoop out the flesh, leaving a bit of a wall near the skin.
- Mash the potatoes with butter, milk, Dijon, salt& pepper until blended.
- Mix in the salmon, broccoli, lemon rind, dill& Feta then stuff the potatoes gently, so as not to break the skins.
- Put potatoes on a baking sheet& bake for 20 minutes, or until the top of the potatoes are golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Canada, and I work in the restaurant industry (not a chef!). Don't have a favorite cookbook, but I love these internet sites, (especially this one, where you can get the dietary info - that's cool). I'm pretty passionate about animals, and about my health, (regardless of what my beer and cigarette habit might say about me!). The majority of food I like to eat is vegetarian, if not, vegan. I am able to enjoy a good steak every now and again, however. As long as I don't have to cook it. (I hate cooking meat - makes such a mess...) I have recently had a month off - I took the time to backpack around Mexico by myself. Crazy? Nah. Well, maybe...