Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I have had this many times at a local restaurant, Rotisserie for Beef and Bird, where it is their signature complimentary appetizer. It's an easy, yet impressive appetizer to make and disappears very quickly! Printed in a local paper's food section for a recipe quest answer. Cook time is chill time.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces smoked salmon (chopped or ground)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 ounces dry sherry
- 4 tablespoons minced green onions, tops and bottoms or 4 tablespoons chives
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- melba toast or rye bread, slices
- Combine cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl and cream lightly.
- Add salmon, garlic, sherry, green onions or chives and celery salt; blend well.
- Transfer mixture into serving dish, cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours at allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with Melba toast or thinly sliced rye bread.
I made this for an hors d'oeuvre for Christmas dinner. The color is beautiful. I followed the recipe exactly, and it turned out wonderful. I made it a day ahead, and the flavors really blended. I would caution with the celery salt as the smoked salmon can be pretty salty at the get go. Maybe add a little celery salt and taste as you go. Very good stuff. Made my socks roll!