Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: Hash brown potatoes form a crispy crust on omega 3-rich salmon filets over spinach mashers with a sweet corn and red pepper saute.
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 raw red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups corn
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, chopped
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons flour or 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 -4 tablespoons vegetables or 3 -4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- Combine the hash brown potatoes, bacon and flour, tossing to coat potatoes. Lay salmon filets out flat and press potato mixture onto each filet. There will be plenty to get them covered, and don't worry about potato sticking off the sides - those crispy bits taste good. [You can do this ahead, cover and refrigerate.].
- To cook fish, heat oven to 375 degrees and heat vegetable oil in a cast iron or other ovenproof skillet on the stove over medium heat. When hot, add salmon potato side down and cook 3-4 minutes. Depending on thickness, the filets may finish cooking stovetop in another 2-3 minutes; if they are thick leave them potato side down and drop the pan in the oven for another 3 minutes or until done.
- Saute onion, red pepper and corn in olive oil and finish with taco seasoning and butter.
- Microwave mashed potatoes according to package directions and mix chopped spinach into hot potatoes to wilt.
- Plate mashed potatoes with salmon filets on top and spoon corn and red pepper saute around the plate. Enjoy!