Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
An easy and delicious meal. Serve with a white sauce.
- 1 (1 lb) can salmon, preferably red salmon
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup cracker crumbs or 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion, sauteed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- Drain salmon; save 1/4 cup liquid. Remove skin and bones from salmon, flake.
- Thoroughly mix salmon with salmon liquid and other ingredients; pack into a greased loaf pan(9X5X3).
- Mixture is soft before baking.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour or until browned. Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes; loosen sides of pan and turn out on platter.