Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Wild caught salmon is smothered in pancetta and cream cheese and topped with a blanket of deliciously seasoned Simply Potatoes Garlic and Herb Hash Browns. They're fried to a crispy golden brown and finished in the oven for a quick and easy entrée.
- 4 wild salmon fillets, thawed if frozen
- 5 slices pancetta (thick slices, like thick-cut bacon)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes Garlic and Herb Hash Browns, thawed
- 7 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (Green Giant Immunity Blend broccoli florets, carrots, red and yellow sweet pepper in a garlic-herb o)
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Remove skin from the salmon fillets.
- Fry the pancetta until crisp in a large, heavy skillet on medium-low, 7-8 minutes, and drain on paper towels. Add 1 tablespoon of the pan drippings to a small bowl with the cream cheese and mix well. Crumble the pancetta and mix into the cheese.
- Place the Simply Potatoes in a medium bowl. Dice the vegetables and mix with the potatoes.
- Use a small rubber spatula to evenly coat the top of a fillet with cream cheese mixture, then evenly cover with the Simply Potatoes mixture, pressing firmly, turn over and do the same on that side. Repeat for the remaining 3 filets.
- Heat the skillet with the drippings on medium-low and use a metal spatula to carefully set each fillet into the pan. Fry about 4-6 minutes each side, or until nicely browned. Place on a baking sheet and finish in the oven for 5 more minutes. Evenly divide the remaining cream cheese mixture to use as a topping for each piece of salmon and serve.
Yum! I'd love to take a big bite!
Looks soooooo yummy!