Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lots of crunch.
Make and share this Salmon Fish Tacos W/Creamy Avocado Dressing and Vegetable Slaw recipe from Food.com.
Salmon Fish Tacos
- 2 tomatillos, husk removed and chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- lime juice, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground coffee
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder or 1 -2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon, cut into 8 portions
- 1 cup purple cabbage and green cabbage, each (1 cup purple plus 1 cup green)
- 1 red pepper, julienne
- 1 yellow pepper, julienne
- 8 corn tortillas, lightly oiled, wrapped in foil, kept warm in oven (can sub hard taco shells)
- In a small blender or food processor, combine tomatillos, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, sour cream and avocado. Sprinkle with salt, freshly ground pepper and a squeeze of lime juice. Process into small chunks. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Combine coffee and spices in a small bowl. Season salmon with salt and freshly ground pepper and sprinkle with spice mixture. In a large sauté pan, heat a thin film of oil over medium high heat. Sauté salmon in batches to desired doneness. Remove from pan to plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Serve warm corn tortillas or taco shells with salmon, slaw and extra avocado dressing on the side.