Avocado Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Ready In:
- 1 large ripe avocado (or 3 small)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano (or 1 tbls fresh)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup garlic-flavored red wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 fresh serrano pepper (or jalapeno pepper-optional for heat)
- Place all ingredients except the olive oil in a blender (I personally use a stand up stick model in a bowl). As you begin to blend, slowly pour in olive oil to desired consistency. If you like it tangy, you may wish to add more vinegar if you like it thinner you may want to use more olive oil. Add salt to taste.
- If you want it spicy, add a serrano or jalapeno pepper(s). Anyone that knows me or my recipes knows that I adore garlic, spice and vinegar so my taste may be stronger than yours for these items, adjust accordingly.
- This is an excellent dressing for any salad but is exceptionally good on a grilled chicken southwestern salad. Also good in place of cocktail sauce for a change to shrimp cocktails.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I ADORE garlic...LOVE IT,?that aroma, that taste, those wonderful recipes, I LOVE GARLIC!!!</p> 8785012"