1/1 Photo of Salmon, Couscous and Dill Parcels
From Australian Better Homes and Gardens Diabetic Living. The recipe is for 2 as a main but you could halve on the diagonal and serve 4 as an entree/starter. Suggested you serve with steamed greens but personally I think I would prefer a simple green salad. Have included 15 minutes cooling time in the cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 60 ml chicken stock (1/4 cup salt reduced)
- 60 ml water (1/4 cup)
- 60 g couscous (1/3 cup)
- 1 zucchini (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (finely grated)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon dill (fresh chopped)
- 2 spring onions (scallions thinly sliced diagonally)
- 6 green olives (pitted, finely chopped)
- black pepper (freshly ground to taste)
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- cooking spray
- 2 (150 g) salmon fillets (skinless, boneless)
- poppy seed (or Sesame Seeds to serve optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 190C (fan forced).
- 2Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- 3Put stock and water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
- 4Remove pan from the heat and add couscous and cover and set aside for 3 minutes.
- 5Using a fork, separate the grains and then trasfer to a medium bowl and set aside for 10 to 15 minutes to cool slightly.
- 6Add succhini, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, shallot and olives to the couscous and season with pepper and toss to combine.
- 7Place 1 pastry sheet on a dry surface and spray with cooking spray and then top with another pastry and repeat this process until all 4 sheets are used.
- 8Cut pastry stack in half crossways.
- 9Spoon couscous mixture onto centre of each pastry stack and top with salmon.
- 10Fold in sides of pastry and roll up and put pastry seam side down ont he baking tray.
- 11Spry with cooking spray and sprinkle with poppy seeds or sesame seeds, if you like.
- 12Bake for 15-20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and the salmon is just cooked.
- 13Serve the parcels with the suggested steamed broccoli and snow peas or a simple green salad.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon, Couscous and Dill Parcels
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.3
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 69.9 mg
- Sodium 480.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 39.6 g