1/1 Photo of Salmon Brunch Squares With Zucchini Sauce
1 hr 20 mins
This is good for brunch, but also good for dinner! From "Historic Lexington Cooks".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (4 oz)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red salmon, drained and flaked
Fresh Zucchini Sauce
- 1For the Salmon Squares:.
- 2Combine the eggs and milk in a large bowl; beat with a wire whisk until blended. Add the cheese, olives, green onions, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce; stir well. Fold in the rice and salmon.
- 3Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 4Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with Fresh Zucchini Sauce.
- 5For the Fresh Zucchini Sauce:.
- 6Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the zucchini, green onions, and pimento, and saute 5 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 7Sprinkle flour, salt, seasoned salt, and pepper over the vegetables; stir well. Gradually add the milk, cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thickened and bubbly. Serve warm. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Brunch Squares With Zucchini Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.8
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 145.0 mg
- Sodium 504.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 23.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: