Fast and healthy? one dish meal that's also a kid pleaser at my house. I usually use left over salmon, which makes it even faster. If you don't have left over salmon, you can either use some smoked salmon (will have to adjust seasonings since it is salty), or bake some while you cook the pasta (season with olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper and bake at 350 degrees F until it flakes easily with fork). You could also sub the broccoli with other veggies like frozen peas (just skip the boiling and add straight into the sauce) or asparagus (cut it into 1" pieces and boil until crisp-tender). Any type of pasta will work, penne or corkscrews, which are easier to toss but in a pinch even spaghetti will work. Another sugguestion is to add fresh snipped chives for more flavor at the end of cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil water in a large pot (cook broccoli then use same water to cook pasta to save time). Pull the broccoli apart into small trees. Cook broccoli for about 5 minutes and take out and drain and run under cold water.
- 2Keep the pot of water on and boiling then add salt and cook pasta according to package directions; drain and drizzle a little olive oil to keep from clumping, set aside.
- 3Melt the butter and add the olive oil using low heat in a large sauce pan (or use the same pot to reduce dishes).
- 4Saute garlic and cook for about 4 minutes, add in half and half, a little salt, and cook just until half and half is heated up.
- 5Add the broccoli, salmon, and pasta, let that soak up the sauce.
- 6Next add the ricotta cheese and mix it inches Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Add chives if desired.
- 8Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Broccoli Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.8
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 121.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 31.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: