Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is very good for entertaining and is easily doubled. Folding lemon juice, capers and chopped parsley through creme fraiche makes a quick and tasty sauce for salmon, trout or white fish.
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 2 skinless salmon fillets
- 9 ounces spinach
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche (use low fat if you wish)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- lemon, wedges to serve
- Heat the oil in a pan, season the salmon on both sides then fry for 4 mins each side until golden and the flesh flakes easily.
- Leave to rest on a plate while you cook the spinach.
- Tip the leaves into the hot pan, season well then cover and leave to wilt for 1 min stirring once or twice.
- Spoon the spinach onto plates then top with the salmon.
- Gently heat the creme fraiche in the pan with the lemon juice, the capers and parsley then season to taste. Be careful not to let it boil.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish and serve with lemon wedges.
Quick, easy and elegant. Great dish for company and/or a weeknight meal. We enjoyed this last night with a side of green beans. Very much enjoyed. Thanks!
i am a beginner cook, and found this not only veryeasy to prepare and cook, but also vey tasty. the sauce was especially nice, and i will definitely be cooking this again!