Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water or 1 1⁄2 cups fish stock
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup shredded gouda cheese
- diced scallion
- Marinate the salmon in the lemon, 2 tbsps.
- olive oil, dill and salt and pepper at least two hours then broil 5 minutes per side until done.
- Meanwhile, cook 2 slices of bacon, crumble and set aside.
- Reserve 1 tbsp.
- of bacon fat to which you add 2 tbsps.
- olive oil.
- Sauted the vegetables in the oil and add the water or fish stock.
- Cook just until vegetables are tender.
- Mix 2 tbsps.
- flour into 1 1/4 cs.
- milk then add to vegetables.
- Stir in gouda and cooked, flaked salmon with skin removed.
- Top with slices scallions.
- If it looks a little dry add more stock.