Recipe by Guava Girl
This came from my neighbor Sally. She found it on a Land O Lakes box. It is so refreshing and perfect for a summer get together. It will not be the same with regular lime juice, but the bottled Key lime juice is fine if you can't get the little Key limes in your area. If you do use real Key limes make sure you wait until they are yellow to use them. They are not ripe when green and will not have much juice.
Top Review by E-Z does it
Love lime, loved these bars...I didn't have the key limes so ussed regualr limes, & it turned out just fine, but will try it again with the key limes. The crust was soo good, like a shortbread. Thanks Guava Girl!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons fresh key lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh key lime juice
- freshly grated key lime peel (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Combine all crust ingredients except pecans in small bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in pecans.
- Press onto bottom of ungreased 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine all filling ingredients in small bowl.
- Beat at low speed until well mixed.
- Pour filling over hot, partially baked crust.
- Continue baking for 18 to 20 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool completely.
- Combine all frosting ingredients except lime peel in a small bowl.
- Spread over cooled bars.
- Garnish with lime zest.
- Store in refrigerator.