Recipe by lazyme
From Cooking Light, May 1995. An easy risotto made in the microwave with sun-dried tomatoes and green chiles.
Top Review by Ck2plz
So yummy! A great side dish. This is your dish if you need to put more effort into a another dish. I used oil packed sun dried tomatoes and put the tomatoes b/n a couple of paper towels to soak up the oil. No need to soak if you used the oil packed tomatoes. I love the zing of the green chilies. This was wonderful!
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped, without oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup onion, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice, uncooked
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water and tomatoes. Cover; let stand 10 minutes. Drain; set aside.
- Combine butter and oil in an 8-inch square baking dish. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes.
- Stir in onion; microwave at HIGH 3 minutes.
- Stir in rice; microwave at HIGH 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth, salt, and pepper; microwave at HIGH 9 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and chiles; microwave at HIGH 8 minutes.