Recipe by kolleen.barnes
This salisbury steak is supertender and full of flavor. It even borders on reasonably light and healthy!
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 (4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons beef base
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 6 cups water
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine meat, breadcrumbs, egg beaters, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and 4 ounces of cream of mushroom soup. Mix well and form into 8 patties and set aside. Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Brown patties on each side for 2-3 minutes and then move to a baking pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except mushrooms) into skillet and heat to bubbling. Pour into baking dish and then sprinkle the mushrooms on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.