Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend of mine gave this recipe to me on a lid where she'd found it. It's delish. Try it, you'll think so too!
- 500 g salerno mascarpone
- 1 1⁄2 cups espresso or 1 1⁄2 cups strong coffee
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (300 g) packages ladyfingers
- 1 ounce liqueur, of your choice (Tia Maria, Kalua, etc.)
- semi-sweet chocolate shavings
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites into two different bowls.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar until creamy smooth. Add mascarpone and liqueur.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until firm and fluffy, Fold into mascarpone mixture.
- Dip Lady Fingers into coffee. Layer bottom of pie plate with the Lady Fingers. Cover with Mascarpone mixture. Repeat biscuits and Mascarpone mixture layers.
- Sprinkle with semi sweet chocolate shavings. Refrigerate before serving. May also be frozen.
- The prep time includes chilling time at which I'm guessing as the lid doesn't say! I think it's tastiest half frozen.