Recipe by luharvey
A delicious salad with a bit of fruit to encourage the people in my family who aren't salad lovers to eat it up!
- lettuce, usually half romaine and half baby spinach
- 1 golden delicious apple, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons light oil, such as canola
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- sprinkling salt & pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- The measurements for this salad are approximate as salads are very forgiving.
- Prepare greens and add to a bowl. Toss with apples, raisins and feta. In a small cup, combine oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar. Whisk quickly with a fork to emulsify ingredients. I like to check it's flavor by dipping a small piece of lettuce into it to taste, then adjust seasonings or vinegar if necessary. Toss over salad and combine well.