Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 118.29 ml milk
- 29.58 ml minced fresh sage, or
- 9.85 ml dry rubbed sage
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- In a small saucepan,heat milk and sage until just warm (do not boil),set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time,beating well after each adition.
- Combine flour,baking powder and salt,add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture.
- Pour into a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.