Complement any meal with chef Spike Mendelsohn's(one of Top Chef's participants and owner of Good Stuff Eatery in Washington, D.C.) sweet potato fries, a side dish he created in celebration of the 2009 inauguration of Barack Obama. I got this from Oprah Winfrey's website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Sweet Potato Fries
- 4 sweet potatoes, skin on (or off, your choice)
- 1 bunch chopped fresh sage (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Sriracha Mayonnaise Dipping Sauce
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4-1/2 cup sriracha sauce (at local grocery stores, a hot sauce)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (whipping)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
Herb Mayonnaise Dipping Sauce
- 1To make fries:.
- 2Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise, then cut into french fries. I like them skinny.
- 3Chop sage into small pieces.
- 4Place cut sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet, in a single layer.
- 5Drizzle olive oil.
- 6Spread brown sugar, sea salt and cracked black pepper over potatoes.
- 7Bake in oven at 350° for 30=40 minutes, or until a fork can poke through easily.
- 8Once out of the oven, sprinkle chopped sage, let cool and serve.
- 9To make Sriracha Mayonnaise:.
- 10In a food processor, combine mayonnaise, Sriracha, cream and salt.
- 11Mix for 2 to 3 minutes until thick and creamy. Don't overmix. Serve as a dipping sauce for fries(also good with onion rings and fish).
- 12To make Herb Mayonnaise:.
- 13In a food processor, combine mayonnaise, herbs and sea salt.
- 14Mix for 2 to 3 minutes until all ingredients are well blended.
- 15Serve as a dipping sauce for fries or onion rings(also good with fish).
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sage Sweet Potato Fries With Dipping Sauces
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1060.8
- Calories from Fat 678
- Total Fat 75.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 10063.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 43.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: