Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 4 -6 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 -4 fresh sage leaves, minced
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Cut the peeled potatoes in half lengthwise and crosswise into 1-inch wide pieces (if not using the potato pieces immediately, drop them into cold water to prevent browning).
- Saute the garlic in the oil in a skillet; drain and dry the potatoes if they have been in water.
- Add the potatoes to the pan; shake to coat the potatoes with the oil.
- Add in sage, salt, and pepper and cover.
- Turn the heat to low and let the potatoes steam, tossing them occasionally in the pan.
- When the potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes, remove the cover and increase heat to high; let the potatoes get a little crusty; serve.