Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
(Makes enough to loosely stuff a 20 pound turkey).
Make and share this Sage Cranberry Dressing Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 quarts bread, dried cubed (for cornbread dressing, substitute cornbread for all or part of the bread in the recipe)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup craisins (sun-dried cranberries)
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth, cold
- • Sauté the celery and onion lightly in the butter until tender but not browned; cool
- • Combine the bread and cooked vegetables in a large mixing bowl
- • Add the herbs, craisins, pecans and seasonings
- • Toss gently until all ingredients are well mixed
- • Add the stock a little at a time and mix the dressing lightly after each addition
- • Add just enough stock to make the dressing slightly moist, neither dry nor soggy
- • Correct seasoning
- • Place in a greased baking pan and bake at 375 degrees F until hot in the center (about 1 hour).