Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 pork loin chops
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, plus more
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Preheat a large oven-proof skillet over med-high heat with 2 tablespoons oil.
- In a shallow dish, combine the vinegar, sage, parsley, garlic, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, salt, and pepper.
- Coat the pork chops and then place them in the skillet; sear the meat on both sides to caramelize, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven to finish off, about 8 minutes.
- While the chops are cooking, in a saucepan, combine the chicken stock, milk, and pumpkin; season with about 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Place over high heat and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in the polenta and stir until it begins to mass together; add in grated cheese and butter, stirring to combine.
- If polenta is too thick, you can always add more warm chicken stock or milk.
- Serve the polenta alongside the pork chops.
- Garnish polenta with extra grated/shaved cheese.