Recipe by V'nut-Beyond Redemption
This recipe was adopted during the Great Adoption Feb 2005. It was picked by the Greek Cooking forum as a recipe to try out. Below you will find their comments. Thank you, ladies!
Top Review by CLAUDIA NEUMANN
A more autentic way to make this is to cut the cheese into wedges,dip in the beaten egg coat with lightly seasoned flour& put on a lines cookie sheet & freeze the cheese. This can be done at the time the cheese is bought & have it ready for when to mood strikes you. To cook heat some olive oil in a heavy skillet. When it is sizzling carefully lay the frozen cheese wedges into the skillet. Lets one side brown throughly to a medium brown then turn over carefully an fry other side. Freezing the cheese allows it to get brown & crispy on the outside, warm & melted on the inside. Serve with crusty french bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Place some butter in a round frying pan and allow to melt, be sure to heat very well.
- Take the kefalotiri and cut it into chunks, then place the pieces into the pan.
- When the pieces are brown on one side turn over to the other side and fry lightly.
- Add the eggs to the fried cheese in the pan.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook on a low heat till the eggs are done.