1/2 Photos of Saffron Scallion Couscous
This is from Food to Live By. Everyone loves this side dish. I noticed there is one other recipe posted on recipezaar that is very similar to this one. There are a slight change of ingredients and the preparation is a bit different.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place couscous in a medium size shallow heat proof bowl and drizzle olive oil over it.
- 2Rub the couscous between your palms until all the grains are coated with oil.
- 3Heat the stock in a small saucepan until just begins to boil.
- 4Remove stock from heat and add the saffron, stirring to blend.
- 5Add half the stock to the couscous.
- 6Keep the remaining stock warm over low heat.
- 7Stir and fluff the couscous with a fork.
- 8Cover the bowl with a plate or plastic wrap and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 9Add the remaining stock to the couscous.
- 10Using a rubber spatula, scrape up an saffron that may be stuck to the saucepan and add it to the couscous.
- 11Fluff the couscous with a fork, and recover the bowl. Let it sit for 5 minutes longer.
- 12Season the couscous with salt and pepper to taste and stir in the scallions just before serving.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Saffron Scallion Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.9
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: