White Rose Child's Note:
Do you feel a niggling anxiety about salmonella poisoning, when you eat that gooey, ubiquitously oven-free treat: cookie dough? Of course, you needn't let such fear stop you - especially with this recipe! Vegans and non-vegans alike love it, and it's super-quick and easy to mix up. Multiply the recipe as desired. You can add as many chips as you like, and even add in other goodies such as dried cherries or cinnamon. Whatever you try, enjoy devouring these unbaked cookies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached white flour (I use spelt flour for awesome wheat-free cookie dough!)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (a little generous)
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil (or other light-tasting vegetable oil)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon molasses (reduce to 1/2 tsp. if you use the blackstrap variety)
- milk or non-dairy milk, as needed
- 1/2-2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1In a medium-size bowl, combine the dry ingredients and stir well.
- 2Add the oil, maple syrup, vanilla and molasses, and stir. Add a little milk (cow, soy, rice -- anything goes) as needed to end up with your preferred consistency. Careful, it sometimes takes less than you think!
- 3Finally, dump in the chocolate chips to your heart's content.
- 4Best served chilled. Also wonderful if you want to stir lumps into softened vanilla ice cream. =D.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Safe! Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.6
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 242.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 41.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g