I think I've tried every dumpling recipe on RecipeZaar in an effort to duplicate my friend's soup. Yesterday, I "caught" her making them for her boys. Maybe the one-on-one lesson did the trick. Here is her "recipe"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt one stick of butter.
- 2Once butter has cooled, mix in two eggs.
- 3Add salt and nutmeg to taste.
- 4Add enough cream of wheat to make a soft dough.
- 5Let rest for 5 minutes.
- 6Bring a large stock pot of water to boil.
- 7Fluff dough. Make golf ball size pieces and gently drop in to boiling water.
- 8Let boil for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- 9Take off of heat, cover with lid and let rest for 30 minutes.
- 10DO NOT PEEK or your dumplings won't rise.
- 11Eat with beef or chicken broth.
Browse Our Top German Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sabine's Farina Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.7
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 166.7 mg
- Sodium 490.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g