Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. Just picked this recipe up when I was in Iceland from a cookbook called Cool Dishes. Sounds different but very appealling. Cooking time includes soaking time. Have not tried this dish yet.
- 250 g dark rye bread
- 75 g raisins
- 1⁄2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Cut the rye bread into cubes and place in medium pan. Add cold water to cover and let soak one hour.
- Bring bread and water slowly to boil and mash thoroughly with a potato masher.
- Add raisins and lemon slices and simmer for 10 minutes. Add sugar to taste (none may be needed if the bread is already sweet). Remove lemon slices.
- Whip cream and serve on the side with soup.