Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
a quick bread with no yeast; from jean pare
Make and share this Rye Bread recipe from Food.com.
- measure all six dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- stir thouroughly.
- make a well in the center.
- add buttermilk and oil.
- stir just to moisten.
- turn into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- bake at 350 for one hour.
- remove from pan to cool.
- CARAWAYE RYE BREAD;add 1 tablespoons caraway seeds.
Unfortunately, I was disappointed in this. It is quick and easy, but it was far too sweet, and very heavy. The texture and flavor reminded me a little of a dense bran muffin--wonderful if you're making bran muffins, but not so good if rye bread is what you're after. I think it could be good with some adjustments--reducing the amount of brown sugar by about half, and changing the ratio of rye to white flour. Or maybe good rye bread has to be yeast bread; I don't know. It's not awful, just not what I was looking for. Made for PAC Fall 2009