Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy and delicious au gratin with Turnip and Rutabaga.
Make and share this Rutabaga and Turnip Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel then cut the rutabaga and turnip into thin slices.
- Put the slices in a pot of boiling water for 3 minutes, drain, rinse with cold water and let hang out.
- Chop the herbs bring a cup and a half of heavy cream with the herbs, chopped garlic and salt and pepper to a boil, then let simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Pour a little bit of the cream in the casserole dish, just to cover the bottom. make a layer of rutabaga/turnip, add grated Gruyere and Parmesan. pour some more of the heavy cream mix, add another layer of rutabaga/turnips and cheese and so on and so forth until you are running out of rutabaga/turnips. the final layer should just be the veggies with the grated cheese liberally on top. i sprinkled each layer with salt and pepper as i was putting it together.
- bake for 40-45 minutes, until the top layer is golden brown and crispy and you know, it just *looks* don.