A light summer salad that makes good use of leftovers in your fridge!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 50 g fine beans
- 50 g frozen peas
- 1 carrot
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium new potatoes, boiled
- 1 piece roast chicken
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 4 gherkins
- 1 large egg, hard boiled and peeled
- 1 medium beetroot, boiled
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly snipped chives
- 1Cut the beans in half and drop into a pot of boiling water.
- 2Boil for one minute and scoop out.
- 3Put in the peas and boil for two minutes.
- 4Add them to the beans.
- 5Peel the carrots and cut into matchstick strips, before boiling for two minutes.
- 6Drain and reserve one tablespoon of the cooking water.
- 7Put the mayonnaise in a mixing bowl.
- 8Add the mustard, one teaspoon of the lemon juice and the water.
- 9Stir to mix and then add the peas, beans and carrots.
- 10Dice the potatoes and gherkins, cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks, and add all of that to the bowl, along with the capers.
- 11Pile the salad in a low mound on two dinner plates or on a platter.
- 12Cut the beetroot into strips and season with salt and pepper.
- 13Toss with the remaining lemon juice.
- 14Arrange the beetroot around the salad.
- 15Use a medium grater to grate the egg over the top of the salad.
- 16Scatter with chives and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Russian Salad with Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.6
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 130.5 mg
- Sodium 1441.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: