Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A light summer salad that makes good use of leftovers in your fridge!
Make and share this Russian Salad with Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 50 g fine beans
- 50 g frozen peas
- 1 carrot
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium new potatoes, boiled
- 1 piece roast chicken
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 4 gherkins
- 1 large egg, hard boiled and peeled
- 1 medium beetroot, boiled
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly snipped chives
- Cut the beans in half and drop into a pot of boiling water.
- Boil for one minute and scoop out.
- Put in the peas and boil for two minutes.
- Add them to the beans.
- Peel the carrots and cut into matchstick strips, before boiling for two minutes.
- Drain and reserve one tablespoon of the cooking water.
- Put the mayonnaise in a mixing bowl.
- Add the mustard, one teaspoon of the lemon juice and the water.
- Stir to mix and then add the peas, beans and carrots.
- Dice the potatoes and gherkins, cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks, and add all of that to the bowl, along with the capers.
- Pile the salad in a low mound on two dinner plates or on a platter.
- Cut the beetroot into strips and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with the remaining lemon juice.
- Arrange the beetroot around the salad.
- Use a medium grater to grate the egg over the top of the salad.
- Scatter with chives and serve.
Hey sackville girl! Did this recipe for our cooking club gathering SUCH A SMASH HIT. I used Miss Annies Russian Tea Room Dressing on the side and the ladies couldn't stop eating. rosamaria