Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Copied over from Allrecipes.com to collate my collection in one place. Submitted there by Ardith Simon.
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 (4 lb) rump roast
- 1⁄2 cup water
- In a small bowl, mix together black pepper, paprika, chili powder, celery salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and mustard powder. Rub mixture over the surface of the meat. Place roast in a slow cooker, and add 1/2 cup water.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours. When meat is tender and well done, transfer roast to a serving platter. Skim fat from juices, and strain; serve with meat.