Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 12 ounces baker's unsweetened chocolate squares
- 16 teaspoons sugar substitute
- 3 teaspoons rum or 3 teaspoons cognac
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, crushed (if desired)
- Bring cream to a boil.
- Add rum or cognac and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add chocolate and melt, stirring continuosly for about 2-3 minutes, then add nuts. Blend in well.
- Turn off heat and let cool for 10 minutes, then add sweeteners. Mix well.
- Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Spread chocolate mixture evenly on sheet. Cover with foil and put in refrigerator.
- Let set for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, cut chocolate spread into squares and put in tin container.