Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are the best tarts, my favorite. Easy to make and wonderful tasting. I use dark rum for a little added flavor. Oh and I cheat and use store bought tart shells but you can use homemade.
- Place tart shells on cookie sheet.
- Add enough raisins to each tart shell to cover the bottom of the tart.
- Beat egg.
- In sauce pan add brown sugar, cream and butter.
- Heat until butter is melted.
- Add rum.
- Pour small amount of mixture into beaten egg to temper the eggs.
- Add egg mixture back into brown sugar mixture.
- Stir well to combine mixture and egg.
- Pour into tart shells, enough to cover the raisins.
- Bake at 350° until golden brown and bubbling.
- Let cool completely, at least 15 minutes.