Recipe by echo echo
I have not made this. Posted in reply to a request. Does NOT use a bread machine. Cooking time includes time for dough to rise. Source = cooksrecipes.com
Top Review by Chef Kate
A very nice, simple bread. It rose beautifully. I used butter, ap flour, buorbon (rather than rum) raisins. I divided the dough into fourths and made four mini-loaves, but they rose so beautifully high that they are hardly 'mini.' This loaf slices well, has a great crumb, and is delicious with cream cheese.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast or 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour or 3 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons rum flavoring
- 1 cup golden raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Combine flour through rum flavoring in a bowl.
- Stir in yeast mixture& knead to form a soft dough.
- Add golden raisins.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to coat.
- Cover& let rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down, form in a greased loaf pan,& let rise again, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350*F for 20-25 min, or until the top is browned.