Prep 45 mins
Cook 14 mins
Yet another one of my sisters recipes. No bake Rum / Bourbon balls. We usually use gold rum. Prep time includes rolling the cookies, cooking time is time to set.
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon or 1⁄3 cup rum or 1⁄3 cup whiskey
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- powdered chocolate milk mix
- Crush Vanilla Wafers by putting in bag and smashing with a rolling pin or putting in a food processor or blender. Add Bourbon (your alcohol of choice) and set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips gradually eight in the microwave or over a double boiler.
- Add sweetened condensed milk to the melted chocolate, stir into the crushed cookie mixture.
- Roll into about 1" balls and then roll in the powdered chocolate milk mix. Place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and allow to set.
- Store in a tin or tightly covered container and kept in the refrigerator for at least one week.
- They get better with age!