Very CUTE little cookies that will bring a smile to the little ones faces! Great little cookies to send to school on "Christmas Party" day! You will be the hit of the classroom! (hint: you can use icing bag with piping tip, and a frosting that dries hard to stick on the eyes and nose, I use a stiff buttercream frosting colored the color of the eyes and nose, it works faster for me than the melted chocolate). I just LOVE all the cute photos and different ideas for this recipe!
- 4 ounces chocolate-flavored candy coating
- 96 thin pretzel sticks
- 1 (16 ounce) package Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
- 64 miniature M&M baking bits (blue, green, or brown)
- 32 cinnamon red cinnamon candies or 32 red miniature M&M baking bits
- Microwave the chocolate in a small glass dish on high for 3 minutes, stirring once.
- For each Rudolph dip 2 pretzel sticks in chocolate and stick to top of each sandwich cookie, forming large antlers.
- Break one pretzel in half, dip in chocolate and place pretzel half next to longer pretzel sticks, forming antlers.
- Dip one side of blue, green, or brown mini M&M's in melted candy coating and place, coated side down, on cookies for the eyes.
- Dip one side of the cinnamon red hot, or red M&M in candy coating, and place on cookies, coated side down, for the nose.
How cute are these! They made me LOL too. Made me feel like a kid again. Whimsical and adorable. Just what was needed. Thanks for posting! : )
LOL, what fun to make and an awesome idea! I made some dipped in semisweet chocolate chips and some with plain faces. To add depth, I created a nose/muzzle using a peanut butter candy melt. I also used candy eyes, and added "snow" to some of the antlers with melted white chocolate chips. Rather than pretzel sticks, I used pretzel twists so the antlers would have branches and curves.
This is a very cute idea! I agree with Chef #738454 that this is a 2 person job,though. My daughter and I used store bought chocolate dipped pretzels for the antlers and I mixed white and regular chocolate to dip the cookies in. I made these to accompany Santa Cookies. My niece and nephew will adore them. Thanks!!