Frosted Reindeer Cookies
I got this off an email from Pillsbury this year. I'm posting them as stated in the email. I did change things by forming the cookies by hand, instead of the triangle thing. and I used mini chocolate chips, the regular sized looked too big for the size of my cookies. I couldn't find gumdrops anywhere, imagine that, so i used m&m's. A little time consuming with the hand forming, but I would do them again. Watch the cookies closely, they over cook easy. I'm sure you could use your own sugar cookie dough also.
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 64 small pretzel twists
- 64 semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 1/4 cup)
- 16 gumdrops, cut in half
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, break up cookie dough, and work flour into dough until well blended.
- Shape dough into triangle-shaped log. (If dough is too soft, place in freezer for 30 minutes).
- With a thin sharp knife, cut dough into 32 (1/4 inch) triangular slices.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-11 minutes or until set.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet, the move from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
- Cool completely.
- Frost cookies with frosting.
- Place 2 pretzel twists at the top , near the corners for antlers.
- Lightly press 2 chocolate chips ino each cookie for eyes and 1 halved gum drop for the nose.
- Store inbetwwen sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container.