Recipe by Kim127
I found this on the internet looking for drinks with the Ruby Red Absolut Vodka. It is from Emiril Lagasse 2002. This recipe calls for either citrus vodka or vodka, but it is terrific with the Ruby Red vodka!
Top Review by Vseward Chef-V
Oh *Wow* a new favorite! Loved the raspberry liqueur (Chambord) with the Red Absolut. Who knew? It is a great combo. This had all the flavors I expected, and more. Thanks for Sharing Kim! (Made for Bevy Tag 7/08) Cheers ~V Muah!
- 1 1⁄2 ounces ruby red vodka
- 1⁄2 ounce triple sec
- 3 ounces ruby red grapefruit juice
- 2 teaspoons creme de cassis (I used Chambord) or 2 teaspoons raspberry liqueur (I used Chambord)
- coarse brown sugar (optional garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- If you would like to garnish the glass, wet the rim of a martini glass with a little of the ruby red grapefruit juice and then dip the rim into the brown sugar.
- In a shaker over ice, combine the Ruby Red Vodka, Triple Sec, and juice. Shake to mix and chill.
- Strain into the martini glass.
- Slowly add the creme de cassis or raspberry liqueur so that it settles on the bottom of the glass.