Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Only 5 minutes preparation time but allow about 3 ½ hours for braising. Tasty sauce.
- 3 lbs roast, Inside round or 3 lbs eye of round roast
- 1 cup red currant jelly
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, softened in boiling water 5 minutes before chopping
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- Place the roast fat side up on a rack in small roaster. Roast, uncovered, in a 500°F oven for 30 minutes.
- Heat the jelly, ginger, chopped sun dried tomato and herb seasoning in a small saucepan.
- Pour the sauce over the roast.
- Reduce temperature to 275°F
- Continue to roast, uncovered, in a 275°F oven for 25 minutes per pound or until the meat thermometer registers 16 0°F for medium. Baste several times with the sauce.
- Mix the cornstarch with the water and stir into the liquid in the roaster. Heat and stir until thickened. Serves 8.
- Beef Today! Company’s Coming.